Although potatoes have received a bad reputation over the last couple of decades, they are still one of my favourite ingredients. They are inexpensive, don’t spoil quickly, and are versatile. Parmesan Roasted Potatoes can be used as a side dish for a budget-friendly meal. Once the potatoes are roasted, you can create a crispy coating with a simple Parmesan, garlic powder, and paprika mixture. These potatoes can be eaten as a side dish, as a snack with ketchup or as the base for a breakfast bowl. These little guys can be addictive, so be careful!
WHAT KIND OF POTATOES CAN I USE?
These Parmesan Roasted Potatoes are great with any potato. Although Russet potatoes are the cheapest, they produce a small dryer potato. The perfect red potatoes are the ones in this post’s photos. They have a creamier texture which is just right. Also, baby creamer potatoes and Yukon gold are good options.
GRATED PARMESAN OR SHREDDED PARMESAN
Because it was the most cost-effective, I used grated Parmesan in a can. However, freshly shredded Parmesan will make potatoes even more delicious. Shredded Parmesan won’t stick as well to potatoes, so be careful not to stir them too soon before the Parmesan has baked to a crust.
The seasonings in this recipe are very basic. They include salt, pepper and garlic powder. I also added a little paprika to give it some colour. You can add Italian or Cajun seasoning to give it a more flavorful kick. You don’t have to follow any rules regarding how much you should use. Just sprinkle it liberally and adjust according to your taste buds.
PARMESAN ROASTED POTATOES: WHAT TO SERVE
These roasted potatoes can be used as a side dish for breakfast, lunch or dinner, just as I said in the introduction. These potatoes would be great with Homemade Meatloaf or Ranch Turkey Burgers, Baked Chicken Drumsticks and BBQ Cheddar Chicken.
PARMESAN ROASTED POTATOES
Parmesan Roasted Potatoes make a delicious side dish that is easy to prepare and can be eaten for breakfast, lunch or dinner.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 55 minutes
- 2 lbs. 2 lbs. red potatoes ($2.58)
- 2 Tbsp olive oil ($0.32)
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan ($0.59)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder ($0.05).
- 1/2 tsp paprika ($0.05).
- 1/4 tsp salt ($0.02)
- 1/4 tsp freshly cracked black pepper ($0.02)
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh Parsley (optional) ($0.20
- Pre-heat the oven to 400oF Wash the potatoes and then chop them into 1-inch pieces. In a large bowl, combine the potatoes and toss them.
- Mix the Parmesan, garlic powder and paprika in a small bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Toss the potatoes in the olive oil and then toss them to coat. Sprinkle the Parmesan mixture on the potatoes and toss it again.
- Spread the potatoes on a large baking sheet. Line it with parchment if you want to make cleanup easy.
- After 30 minutes of baking, stir the potatoes. Then return the potatoes to the oven for another 5-10 minutes or until they are well browned.
- Add salt to the potatoes, and then garnish with parsley.